Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Found some deals

Tish inspired me to give Walgreens a try. I think I did fairly well and I'm even trying out Walgreens rebate system. Here is how my purchases went:

Photobucket

Walgreens
Soleil razor (reg. 5.99) - $2(WG coupon) - $2(8/10 insert) = $.99
Soleil blades(reg. 5.99) - $2(WG coupon) - $2(8/10 insert) = $.99
Bic Pens (on sale 2/$1) - $1(IP coupon*) = FREE
Pert Plus (sale 3.79)- $2(8/3 insert)= $1.79 OOP FREE + $$ after $3.79 rebate
Scott Tissue ($1.99 with Walgreen coupon) - $1 = $.99
TOTAL OOP = $4.94 before tax - $3.79 rebate = $1.15
*There is a Bic coupon in the 8/3 insert, but I couldn't find it to save my life.

Photobucket

CVS
Playskool Baby wipes 2/$5 - $1 IP coupon = $4/2
Lamisilk lotion $8.29 - $4 (7/20 insert) = $4.29
Lamisil spray $7.59 - $3 (7/20 insert) = $4.59
TOTAL = $12.88 - $10 ECB = $2.88 OOP ($10 ECB earned)

My CVS trip didn't exactly go how I would've liked. I had planned on using two of the $1 coupons, but the coupon didn't allow for that. That said I was able to roll my ECB.

Now I just have to wait for 4-6 weeks to get my Walgreens gift card with my rebate. The good thing about this is that if you add it to a gift card you get an additional 10%. You can then just roll any additional rebates on your gift card. That gift card can then be used for more walgreen deals. I'm afraid I may have limited myself though. At the end of the online rebate process it said I couldn't add anymore. I wonder now if that means that I can't add anymore rebates for the month. Oh well, I'm learning.

No comments: